For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Egg Noodles
Rate this Recipe
|4 Large Eggs|
|3 1/2 Cups Flour|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tbsp Water, plus more for dough consistency|
- Place the eggs, water, flour, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Attach the dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and knead for 2 minutes. While the mixer in on slowly add water, small amounts at a time, until the dough is wet and forms a ball. (You’ll add about ¼ cup water total)
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead by hand for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the dough in a separate bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces for processing with the Pasta Sheet Roller. Keep the dough pieces in a bowl covered with a damp towel until ready to use.
- Attach the pasta roller to the mixer.
- Remove 1 pieces of dough from the bowl and knead by hand for a few minutes.
- Flatten slightly by hand so it is narrow enough to fit the width of the roller and about 3/8” thick to feed through.
- Turn the mixer to Speed 2. Set the adjustment knob to 1 and feed the first portion of dough through. If the dough comes out smooth with no breaks, set the adjustment knob to 2 and feed through again. If there are breaks or holes, knead the dough again and feed through. Continue to do this until the dough comes out in a complete, smooth sheet. Keep lowering the adjustment knob # and feeding the dough through until it is the thickness you want.
- Lay flat while you work on the other portions of dough.
- Remove the sheet roller attachment and add the noodle attachment to the mixer.
- Cut the sheets of dough in half to make feeding through the noodle cutter easier.
- Feed the sheets through the cutter one at a time, holding the noodles as they come out.
- Drape noodles over the drying rack, trying to not overlap.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 Tsp Salt.
- Gradually add the pasta and continue to boil until al dente, about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.