For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Rate this Recipe
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|2 Cups Basmati Rice, uncooked|
|2 8oz Cans Tomato Sauce|
|2 1/2 Cups Water|
|2 Tsp Chili Powder|
|2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes|
|4 Tsp Garlic, minced|
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and press the sauté setting. Once warm, add the rice and stir constantly for several minutes until the rice starts to turn golden brown.
- Slowly pour in the water. Then add the tomato sauce, chili powder, chicken bouillon, and minced garlic. Stir to mix.
- Lock the lid and select Manual at High Pressure. Set the timer for 4 minutes. Please note, the Instant Pot will preheat before the 4 minutes starts.
- Once the timer has ended, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then quick release the rest of the pressure. Remove the lid once the valve drops.
- Stir the rice to fluff up and let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.