For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Butterfinger Bars
Rate this Recipe
|1 Box Town House Light & Buttery Original Crackers|
|1 Bag Butterfinger Candy Bars|
|14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Add 3 ½ sleeves of the crackers to a Ziploc bag. Place on top of a towel on the counter and use a rolling pin or mallet to crush the crackers into little pieces. The towel helps absorb some of the pressure and prevents the bag from ripping. Pour the crackers into a bowl.
- Unwrap the Butterfinger candy bars and place in a Ziploc bag. Place on top of a towel on the counter and use a rolling pin or mallet to crush the candy into little pieces. The towel helps absorb some of the pressure and prevents the bag from ripping. Pour ¾ of the crushed candy into the bowl with the crackers.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk to the bowl with the crackers and candy and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Use your fingers to press firmly into place.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and bake for 10-12 minutes. You want the chocolate chips to be melted.
- Use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy on top of the chocolate and refrigerate for an hour to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, remove the bars from the pan by lifting the aluminum foil. Set on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. If serving within a few hours the bars can sit out but if serving at a later time, store in the fridge.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.