For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Twix Bars
Rate this Recipe
|2 Cups Butter, plus 2 Tbsp|
|1 Cup Powdered Sugar|
|2 Cups Flour|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|1 Tbsp Water, plus more as needed|
|1 Cup Brown Sugar|
|3/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup|
|14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|3 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Make the shortbread crust: Add 1 cup butter (cubed), sugar, flour, and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to blend together. Add 1 Tbsp water if the mixture is too dry. Add additional water if needed, but only add a small amount at a time.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust starts to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Make the caramel sauce: Add 1 cup butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and stir to melt and combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. The caramel sauce will turn a light brown color and start to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the shortbread crust. Spread to the edges of the pan in an even layer. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to allow the caramel to set.
- Make the chocolate layer: Add 2 Tbsp butter and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and spread to the edges in an even layer.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the fridge and remove the bars from the pan by lifting up on the parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the bars on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. If you are serving the bars within a few hours, it’s OK to leave them out, but if you are serving at a later time, store in the fridge.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.