For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Beef & Italian Sausage Chili
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Ground Beef|
|1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, use mild sausage for less heat|
|1 Large White Onion|
|2 16oz Cans Pinto Beans, or substitute kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 14.5oz Cans, Diced Tomatoes|
|1 14.5oz Can, Tomato Sauce|
|1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|2 Tbsp Chili Powder|
|1 Tsp Cumin|
|1 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|Sour Cream, optional, for topping|
|Shredded Cheese, optional, for topping|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and ground sausage. Cook until no longer pink and stir to combine with the onions. Drain off any excess grease. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans. Add to the slow cooker.
- Chop the bell pepper and mince the garlic. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hour or high for 3-4 hours. Stir every so often to ensure the chili is not burning or sticking to the sides of the slow cooker.
- Serve hot. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese on top, optional.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.