For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Herb Sourdough Dressing
Rate this Recipe
|1 Loaf Sourdough Bread, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces|
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter|
|1 Cup Yellow Onion, diced|
|1/2 Cup Celery, chopped|
|2 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, minced|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Sage Leaves, minced|
|2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, minced|
|2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth, divided|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Black Pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut or tear the sourdough into 1-inch pieces. Place in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bread has dried out and has a stale texture. Let cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the stick of butter over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until the onions are translucent, and the celery is tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Add the bread and onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of chicken broth, salt, pepper, and eggs. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl with the bread. Toss to coat. If the bread is still dry, add a few more Tbsp of chicken broth.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top and edges start to turn golden brown. Serve warm, right out of the oven.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.