For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Sweet Corn Pie
Rate this Recipe
|3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter|
|1 Cup Yellow Onion, finely chopped|
|2 -3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|4 Cups Fresh Sweet Corn (removed from cob) or frozen (thawed), thawed|
|2/3 Cup Milk, plant milk or dairy milk|
|1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided|
|1 Cup Shredded Fontina Cheese, divided|
|3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs, divided|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Ground White Pepper|
|3 Tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped, plus more for topping|
|Paprika, to sprinkle on top|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the onion mixture to a large mixing bowl with the corn, milk, ¾ cup cheddar cheese, ¾ cup fontina cheese, ½ cup breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and chives. Mix to combine. Then, add the eggs and mix until well incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the remaining ¼ cup breadcrumbs, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, ¼ cup fontina cheese, and 1 Tbsp chives. Mix well. Sprinkle over the top of the pie pan. Make sure to press down gently so the topping sticks to the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown and the inside is set.
- Sprinkle paprika and additional chopped chives over the top. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.