For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-2-inch pieces|
|3 Egg Yolks, room temperature|
|5 Tbsp Butter, room temperature|
|1/4 Cup Heavy Cream, room temperature|
|1 Tsp Salt, plus more to taste|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Nutmeg|
|2 Tbsp Milk|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until cooked through and tender. Drain the pot and pour the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth (either by hand or with a hand mixer). You don’t want any chunks left in the potatoes.
- Add the butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cream. Stir until combined. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the egg yolks and fold into the potato mixture until just combined.
- Add the potatoes to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip (recommend using at least size 6B if not larger). Pipe the potatoes onto the baking sheets in a circular pattern to create a decorative shape. Repeat until you have used up the potato mixture.
- Place the baking sheets in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will help the potatoes hold their shape.
- Combine 1 whole egg with 2 Tbsp milk. Gently brush the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown. Serve warm.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.