For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Maple Bourbon Candied Pecans
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz Pecan Halves|
|1/4 Cup Real Maple Syrup or Bourbon Aged Maple Syrup|
|1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted|
|1 Tbsp Bourbon (or substitute Whiskey), any brand of choice|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/4 Heaping Tsp Ground Cinnamon|
|1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the syrup, melted butter, bourbon (or whiskey), salt, cinnamon, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pecans and stir to coat.
- Pour the pecans onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and stir. Spread into an even layer. Continue to bake in 5 minutes increments, stirring every 5 minutes, for an additional 15-20 minutes. The pecans should appear roasted and deep brown in color, and the liquid should be mostly absorbed.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then break apart any pieces stuck together. Finish cooling / drying.
- Store in a sealed bag or airtight container at room temperature.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.