For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwestern Pot Roast
Rate this Recipe
|3 1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck or Arm Shoulder Roast|
|8 slices raw bacon, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 package Fajita Seasoning|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies|
|1 can beef broth, divided|
|2 teaspoons chopped chipotles in Adobo Sauce, if desired|
|Sour Cream, for garnish|
|Fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- Rub roast on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle all over with fajita seasoning; set aside.
- Heat large skillet to medium high and sauté diced bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to plate and set aside. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to bacon fat in the pan and brown roast on all sides. Spray crock pot with olive oil cooking spray and preheat on high setting.
- Place roast and half of the can of beef broth in crock pot. Place Skillet back on heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then add can of diced tomatoes with chilies, cooked bacon, beef broth, and chipotles in Adobo, if using. Cook 5 more minutes and pour over roast. Cover and turn down to low setting and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Leftovers Make Great Shredded Beef Quesadillas! http://bit.ly/ShreddedBeefQuesadillas
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.