For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 Large Eggplant, or 2 small eggplants|
|1/4 Cup Butter, melted|
|1 Cup Breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|3/4 Cup Parmesan, grated|
|1 48 oz Jar Tomato Sauce|
|1 Lb Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into rounds|
|Fresh Basil, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch slices.
- In a small bowl or shallow dish, whisk together eggs, melted butter that is cooled, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In another small bowl or shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bread the eggplant by dipping in the egg/butter mixture, then coating with the breadcrumb mixture on both side. Place on the wire rack. Continue until you have enough eggplant to cover two layers of a baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Assemble the baking dish. Coat the bottom of the baking dish with tomato sauce. Place a layer of eggplant on top. Top each piece with a spoonful of tomato sauce. Place a slice of mozzarella on top of the sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Repeat step 7 to create a second layer. Fill in any empty space with extra sauce.
- Bake until the cheese is golden brown, and the sauce is bubbly, about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.