For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 Large Eggplant, or 2 small eggplants|
|1/4 Cup Butter, melted|
|1 Cup Breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|3/4 Cup Parmesan, grated|
|1 48 oz Jar Tomato Sauce|
|1 Lb Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into rounds|
|Fresh Basil, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch slices.
- In a small bowl or shallow dish, whisk together eggs, melted butter that is cooled, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In another small bowl or shallow dish, mix together breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bread the eggplant by dipping in the egg/butter mixture, then coating with the breadcrumb mixture on both side. Place on the wire rack. Continue until you have enough eggplant to cover two layers of a baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Assemble the baking dish. Coat the bottom of the baking dish with tomato sauce. Place a layer of eggplant on top. Top each piece with a spoonful of tomato sauce. Place a slice of mozzarella on top of the sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Repeat step 7 to create a second layer. Fill in any empty space with extra sauce.
- Bake until the cheese is golden brown, and the sauce is bubbly, about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.