For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/4 Cups Warm Water|
|1 Packet Active Dry Yeast (1 1/4 tsp)|
|1 Tbsp Sugar|
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Egg White|
|1 Tbsp Water|
- Pour the warm water in the bowl of a mixer. Add the yeast and sugar, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using the dough hook, turn to low speed. Slowly add the flour and salt, then the olive oil and keep mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Grease the inside of a bowl and set dough inside. Loosely cover and let rise for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Pull the top part of the dough downward on all sides and bring together at the bottom. This will make the ball smooth.
- Place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cover with a towel. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the egg white and tbsp water. Brush over each ball of dough. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Use a knife to cut a round piece from the top and remove as much dough as you would like to create a bowl.
- Fill with soup or chili, and enjoy. The piece of bread cut out can be used to dip in the soup or chili.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.