For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/4 Cups Warm Water|
|1 Packet Active Dry Yeast (1 1/4 tsp)|
|1 Tbsp Sugar|
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Egg White|
|1 Tbsp Water|
- Pour the warm water in the bowl of a mixer. Add the yeast and sugar, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using the dough hook, turn to low speed. Slowly add the flour and salt, then the olive oil and keep mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Grease the inside of a bowl and set dough inside. Loosely cover and let rise for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Pull the top part of the dough downward on all sides and bring together at the bottom. This will make the ball smooth.
- Place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cover with a towel. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the egg white and tbsp water. Brush over each ball of dough. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Use a knife to cut a round piece from the top and remove as much dough as you would like to create a bowl.
- Fill with soup or chili, and enjoy. The piece of bread cut out can be used to dip in the soup or chili.
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.