For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/4 Cups Warm Water|
|1 Packet Active Dry Yeast (1 1/4 tsp)|
|1 Tbsp Sugar|
|3 Cups Flour|
|1 1/2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Egg White|
|1 Tbsp Water|
- Pour the warm water in the bowl of a mixer. Add the yeast and sugar, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using the dough hook, turn to low speed. Slowly add the flour and salt, then the olive oil and keep mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Grease the inside of a bowl and set dough inside. Loosely cover and let rise for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Pull the top part of the dough downward on all sides and bring together at the bottom. This will make the ball smooth.
- Place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cover with a towel. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the egg white and tbsp water. Brush over each ball of dough. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Use a knife to cut a round piece from the top and remove as much dough as you would like to create a bowl.
- Fill with soup or chili, and enjoy. The piece of bread cut out can be used to dip in the soup or chili.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.