For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Dirty Rice
Rate this Recipe
|4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|2 Cups Long Grain Brown Rice|
|12 oz Sausage, any variety, sliced into 1/2" pieces|
|1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped|
|3 Celery Stalks, chopped|
|2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped|
|3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Chili Powder|
|1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped|
|1 Cup Green Onion, chopped|
- Add the chicken broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, then reduce to low heat. Simmer until broth is fully absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
- While the rice is cooking, chop all the veggies.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until done. If you are using pre-cooked sausage you can skip this step. Remove the sausage to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the pan to reheat.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, parsley, and scallions. Stir to combine and continue to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine. Garnish with additional parsley before serving.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.