For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Dirty Rice
Rate this Recipe
|4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|2 Cups Long Grain Brown Rice|
|12 oz Sausage, any variety, sliced into 1/2" pieces|
|1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped|
|3 Celery Stalks, chopped|
|2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped|
|3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Chili Powder|
|1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped|
|1 Cup Green Onion, chopped|
- Add the chicken broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, then reduce to low heat. Simmer until broth is fully absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
- While the rice is cooking, chop all the veggies.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until done. If you are using pre-cooked sausage you can skip this step. Remove the sausage to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the pan to reheat.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, parsley, and scallions. Stir to combine and continue to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine. Garnish with additional parsley before serving.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.