For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Dirty Rice
Rate this Recipe
|4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|2 Cups Long Grain Brown Rice|
|12 oz Sausage, any variety, sliced into 1/2" pieces|
|1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped|
|3 Celery Stalks, chopped|
|2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped|
|3 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Chili Powder|
|1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped|
|1 Cup Green Onion, chopped|
- Add the chicken broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, then reduce to low heat. Simmer until broth is fully absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
- While the rice is cooking, chop all the veggies.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until done. If you are using pre-cooked sausage you can skip this step. Remove the sausage to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the pan to reheat.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, parsley, and scallions. Stir to combine and continue to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine. Garnish with additional parsley before serving.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.