For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Chicken Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
|2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded or cubed|
|2 Cups White Rice, cooked|
|1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|1 15 oz Can Corn, drained|
|1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tbsp Chili Poweder|
|4 Bell Peppers|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Cilantro, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cook and cube or shred. You can skip baking the chicken and use rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Increase the oven temp to 375 degrees when the chicken is finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, rice, black beans, tomatoes with chilies, corn, cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Slice around the top of each bell pepper, creating a circular piece that you can remove. Remove the seeds and white parts on the inside. Slice a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Add the mixture to each pepper and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining mixture in the baking dish, between the peppers, to help keep them upright while baking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove foil, top with more shredded cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.