For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Chicken Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
|2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded or cubed|
|2 Cups White Rice, cooked|
|1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|1 15 oz Can Corn, drained|
|1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tbsp Chili Poweder|
|4 Bell Peppers|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Cilantro, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cook and cube or shred. You can skip baking the chicken and use rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Increase the oven temp to 375 degrees when the chicken is finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, rice, black beans, tomatoes with chilies, corn, cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Slice around the top of each bell pepper, creating a circular piece that you can remove. Remove the seeds and white parts on the inside. Slice a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Add the mixture to each pepper and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining mixture in the baking dish, between the peppers, to help keep them upright while baking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove foil, top with more shredded cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.