For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Chicken Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
|2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded or cubed|
|2 Cups White Rice, cooked|
|1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|1 15 oz Can Corn, drained|
|1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tbsp Chili Poweder|
|4 Bell Peppers|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Cilantro, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cook and cube or shred. You can skip baking the chicken and use rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Increase the oven temp to 375 degrees when the chicken is finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, rice, black beans, tomatoes with chilies, corn, cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Slice around the top of each bell pepper, creating a circular piece that you can remove. Remove the seeds and white parts on the inside. Slice a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Add the mixture to each pepper and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining mixture in the baking dish, between the peppers, to help keep them upright while baking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove foil, top with more shredded cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.