For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Chicken Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
|2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, shredded or cubed|
|2 Cups White Rice, cooked|
|1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies|
|1 15 oz Can Corn, drained|
|1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tbsp Chili Poweder|
|4 Bell Peppers|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Cilantro, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cook and cube or shred. You can skip baking the chicken and use rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Increase the oven temp to 375 degrees when the chicken is finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, rice, black beans, tomatoes with chilies, corn, cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Slice around the top of each bell pepper, creating a circular piece that you can remove. Remove the seeds and white parts on the inside. Slice a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper.
- Add the mixture to each pepper and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining mixture in the baking dish, between the peppers, to help keep them upright while baking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove foil, top with more shredded cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2018 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.