For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Instant Pot Cajun Chicken with Rice
Rate this Recipe
|1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast|
|2 Tablespoon cajun seasoning, divided|
|1 Tablespoon avocado oil|
|1 white onion, diced|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 1/2 cups basmati white rice, uncooked|
|1 bell peppers, sliced|
|2 Tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth|
- Chop the onion and bell pepper(s).
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips (this will make them cook faster and more evenly). Place the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning, and toss to coat.
- Place the rice in a strainer and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat the avocado oil in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato paste, and 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add the broth and place the chicken strips on top.
- Then pour the rice on top of the chicken. Do not stir!
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is “sealed”. Turn the Instant Pot on - cook on manual, high pressure, for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer has ended, let sit for 5 minutes to naturally release pressure. Then open the valve to “venting” to let the rest of the pressure out. Wait for the pin to drop completely before opening the top. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. Add additional seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.