For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broccoli Stir Fry (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1/2 White or Yellow Onion, sliced|
|1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced|
|1 Package Frozen Broccoli, or substitute fresh broccoli florets|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|1 Bunch Green Onion, chopped|
|Sesame Seeds, for topping|
|Juice of 1 Lime|
|6 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|3 Tsp Sesame Oil|
|1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce|
|3/4 Cup Water|
|3 Tsp Maple Syrup|
|3 Tsp Corn Starch|
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, water, maple syrup, and corn starch. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes (it’s OK if the broccoli is frozen, it will heat quickly).
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 7-8 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the pepper is tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the green onion and juice from ½ a lime. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add additional lime juice and soy sauce to taste.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.