For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|4 Cups Flour|
|2 Tbsp Sugar|
|3 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tsp Instant Yeast|
|1 Cup Warm Water|
|1/4 Cup Canola Oil|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded|
|Pizza Toppings of your Choice, pepperoni, sausage, pineapple, etc.|
|2 Pizza Cones, for baking|
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix to combine.
- Add the water and canola oil. Use the dough hook to combine on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Increase the speed to medium for 2-3 minutes or until the dough forms a ball and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Coat the dough in a small amount of oil and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm space to rise for about 45-60 minutes. You want the dough to double in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness. You want the dough large enough to fit the triangle mold 4 times. Use the triangle mold to cut out 4 pieces of dough (these will become the cones).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Moisten the edge of one piece of dough with water. Fold the dough in half so the edges meet. Use your fingers to press down at the seams, then use the crimper to run along the edge of the seams.
- Generously spray the cone with cooking spray. Place the folded dough over the cone. Repeat with the second cone.
- Place both baking cones on a baking sheet (this will make transporting the cones easier and help the cones remain stable while baking). Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the dough begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes to cool. You want the dough to be cool enough to remove from the cones without burning yourself.
- Remove the dough from the cones and place in the holders. Fill each cone with the ingredients of your choice. Layer the ingredients until each cone is packed full.
- Bake for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are heated through.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Repeat the above steps to make the other 2 pizza cones.
- Serve warm with additional marinara sauce on the side.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.