For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Shredded Beef Quesadillas
Rate this Recipe
|12 large taco or fajita size flour tortillas|
|1 cup chipotle BBQ sauce|
|2 Cups leftover Southwestern Pot Roast, shredded and mixed with juices from roasting pan (separate recipe below)|
|1 cup finely chopped red onion|
|2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese|
|2 tablespoons Olive oil|
|salsa, jalapeno ranch dip, for topping|
- Brush one side of 6 tortillas with chipotle BBQ sauce. Layer each with 1 tablespoon of cheese, 2 tablespoons of beef, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, then 1 more tablespoon of shredded cheese. Top each with remaining tortillas.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan and place tortilla in hot oil.
- Brush top side of tortilla with enough olive oil to cover. Brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, or until deep golden brown, cheese is melted, and filling is hot. Repeat with remaining quesadillas and cut into wedges with pizza cutter. Serve hot and top with salsa or ranch dip.
- Chef's note: Other quesadilla topping options include diced mild green chilies, chopped olives, queso sauce, and salsa.
- Chef's note (2): If you want to add rice to the quesadillas it does add another level of texture and flavor. We recommend using the Cilantro Lime Rice which the recipe can be found at FestivalFoods.net.
|3 1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck or arm shoulder roast|
|1 tablespoon Olive oil|
|8 slices raw bacon, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 package fajita seasoning|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies|
|1 can beef broth, divided|
|2 teaspoons chopped chipotles in Adobo Sauce, if desired|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
|Fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- Rub roast on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle all over with fajita seasoning; set aside. Heat large skillet to medium high and sauté diced bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to plate and set aside.
- Add olive oil to bacon fat in the pan and brown roast on all sides. Spray crock pot with olive oil cooking spray and preheat on high setting. Place Roast and half of the can of beef broth in crock pot. Place Skillet back on heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then add can of diced tomatoes with chilies, cooked bacon, beef broth, and chipotles in Adobo, if using, cook 5 more minutes and pour over roast.
- Cover and turn down to low setting and cook for 8-10 hours. Before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro, if desired.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.