For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pan Roasted Whole Cauliflower
Rate this Recipe
|3 Cups Vegetable Stock|
|1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce|
|1 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup|
|3 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce|
|2 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|2 Tsp Onion Powder|
|1 Tsp Parsley|
|3/4 Tsp Thyme|
|3/4 Tsp Sage|
|1 Tsp Paprika|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|6 Tbsp Cornstarch|
|1/2 Cup Water|
|1 Head of Cauliflower, leaves removed|
|2 Cups Baby Carrots, sliced in half lengthwise|
|2 Large Potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, maple syrup, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme, sage, paprika, and black pepper. Whisk together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly pour the mixture into the saucepan and whisk to combine. Let the mixture simmer and thicken for a about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cauliflower in the center of a roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes and carrots around the cauliflower.
- Turn the cauliflower upside down. Pour about ½ cup of the gravy mixture into the cauliflower. Slowly turn the cauliflower to distribute the gravy inside. Place the cauliflower right-side up and brush more gravy over the top.
- Add ½ cup of the vegetable stock to the bottom of the dish to help steam the potatoes and carrots.
- Add ½ cup of the gravy mixture over the top of the potatoes and carrots.
- Tightly cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, brushing the cauliflower with gravy after 15 minutes.
- Uncover the cauliflower and bake for an additional 30 minutes, brushing the cauliflower with gravy after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. It’s easiest to slice the cauliflower like you would slice a cake and serve wedges with the potatoes and carrots on the side.
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.