For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
Rate this Recipe
|1 tablespoon Butter|
|1 tablespoon Olive Oil|
|8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin|
|1 box Shore Lunch Oven Style Breading Coating|
|2 eggs mixed with 2 tablespoons water, for egg wash|
|Salt, to taste|
|Finely grated peel of 1 lemon, for garnish|
|1 package linguini, cooked, for serving|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge pounded chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess, then the egg wash, then the Shore Lunch Oven Style Bread Crumbs.
- In large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon each butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Working in batches, sauté the chicken breasts until deep golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate; set aside loosely covered with foil while you cook the rest of the chicken.
- To Serve: Lay a chicken breast over some hot cooked linguini and ladle some of the cream sauce over each sautéed chicken breast. Serve with sautéed green beans on the side and garnish with fresh lemon zest and a fresh rosemary sprig. Each dinner guest can pop the skins off the garlic cloves they receive.
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 cloves fresh garlic, minced|
|1 large chopped shallot|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups heavy cream|
|4 heads roasted garlic cloves, skins intact|
|Salt, to taste|
|2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 2 tsp. dried and crushed|
|4 whole, dried small chipotle chilies|
|1 sweet yellow onion, chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat a 3 or 4 quart saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil. Add onion, shallots, and garlic and sauté until translucent but not browned. Add heavy cream and chicken stock and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium high and when cream and stock starts to boil, reduce to medium low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in fresh chopped rosemary, chipotle chilies and roasted garlic cloves and continue simmering for another 15 minutes while you prepare the chicken breasts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.