For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Buffalo Cheddar Soft Pretzel Twists
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 cups warm water|
|2 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar|
|1 Packet Dry Yeast|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted|
|1 1/2 teaspoon kosher|
|4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup buffalo sauce, plus more for serving|
|16 cheddar cheese sticks|
|2/3 cup baking soda|
|1 egg, beaten|
|Everything Spice (see below)|
- Combine the water, brown sugar and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix with the dough hook until combined, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, 1 ½ tsp salt and flour to the mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Increase the speed to medium and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl, about 3-4 minutes. If the dough appears too wet, add additional flour, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and coat the bowl with olive oil. Add the dough and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the baking soda.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a flat surface. Divide the dough in half and roll into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Cut into 8 strips, about ½ inch wide.
- Spread buffalo sauce on each strip.
- Wrap the dough around the cheese sticks with the buffalo side facing inward. Seal at both ends.
- Boil the pretzels in the baking soda water, 1-2 at a time for 30 seconds. Remove with a large flat slotted spatula.
- Place pretzels on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash.
- To make the Everything Spice – combine the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, and salt. Sprinkle the mix generously over each pretzel.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pretzels are golden brown.
|3 Tablespoons Toasted White Sesame Seeds|
|2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds|
|2 Teaspoons Dried Onion|
|2 Teaspoons Dried Garlic|
|2 Teaspoon Kosher or Course Salt|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.