For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Buffalo Mac & Cheese
Rate this Recipe
|8 oz Chickpea Noodles, cooked, or substitue any noodle of your choice|
|1 Cup Cashews, soaked and drained|
|1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast|
|1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce|
|3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|1 Tsp Onion Powder|
|1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs|
|1 Tbsp Vegan Butter|
|Chives, chopped, for topping|
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the chickpea noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat, add the cashews, and let sit for 10 minutes. Then, drain and add the cashews to a high-speed blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast, buffalo sauce, almond milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to the blender. Blend on high until smooth. It will be thick. If you want a thinner sauce, add another 1-2 Tbsp of almond milk.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and slightly golden brown. Stir every so often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the cooked noodles and stir to coat.
- Serve warm. Garnish with the breadcrumbs and chopped chives.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.