For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|12 Large Scallops, about 3-4 per person|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Stick of Butter, divided but don't need to use the whole stick|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|1 Package Thick Cut Bacon, cut into thin strips|
|1 Shallot, finely diced|
|1 Clove Garlic, leave whole|
|4 Green Onions, chopped|
|2 Egg Yolks|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1 Package Linguine Pasta, or pasta of your choice|
- Pasta Directions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta when ready and cook until done.
- In a small bowl mix together the heavy cream, egg yolks, and ¾ of the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Add the shallots and green onion.
- Crush the garlic to open it up a bit. Add to the pan and heat while the shallots and green onions cook. Remove garlic from pan.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and add to the pan with the bacon. Toss to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and toss again. The pasta must be hot to cook the egg yolks and melt the cheese.
- Top each plate with cooked scallops, grated parmesan and black pepper.
- Scallops Directions
- Dry the scallops with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a larger frying pan. Make sure the pan is hot but the oil is not smoking.
- Add the scallops, leaving space in between each one. Only put about 3-4 scallops in a pan at a time.
- Sear each scallop for about 2-4 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Turn to sear the other side.
- Sear the second side for about 1-3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan and spoon the melted butter over the scallops as they finish cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm until all batches are cooked.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.