For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
|6 Large Yukon Potatoes, thinly sliced|
|3 Tbsp Butter|
|1/2 Cup White Onion, diced|
|4 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|2 Tbsp Flour|
|1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock|
|1 Cup Milk|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp White Pepper|
|1/4 Tsp Black Pepper|
|2 Tsp Thyme|
|1 1/2 Cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded|
|1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and set aside.
- Chop the onion and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour. Whisk in the vegetable stock, then whisk in the milk. Add the salt, white pepper, black pepper, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Layer ½ the potatoes in the bottom of a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish. Pour half the mixture over the top. Add ¾ Cup of the Gruyere cheese and ½ Cup Parmesan cheese on top. Then layer the other ½ of the potatoes on top. Pour the other half of the mixture over the top, then top with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown on top.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional thyme and serve warm.
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.