For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Deep Fried Donut Holes
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/4 Cups Flour
|1 Tsp Baking Powder
|1/8 Tsp Salt
|2 Large Eggs, separated
|1/2 Cup Sugar
|1 Tbsp Butter, melted
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
|Canola Oil, for frying
|Cinnamon Sugar or Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Separate the eggs; add the egg yolks to one bowl and the egg whites to another bowl.
- In the same bowl as the egg yolks, add the sugar, ¼ cup water, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then, fold into the batter.
- Add 2-3 inches of canola oil to a large pot or dutch oven. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. Use a cookie scoop to drop small scoops of the batter into the hot oil (about 4-5 scoops at a time). Fry until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the donuts and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all the batter has been used. You will have enough batter for about 15 donuts.
- ***Helpful Hint: dip the cookie scoop in water between each scoop. This will help the batter slide out and not stick to the scoop. You will have more evenly shaped donuts.
- Combine about ½ cups sugar with ½ tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the donuts in the mixture to make cinnamon sugar-coated donuts. Or, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the donuts.
- Serve warm.
©2024 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.