For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Deep Fried Breakfast On-a-Stick
Rate this Recipe
|Bisquick Pancake Mix, plus package ingredients|
|Canadian Bacon, 2 slices per sandwich|
|Sausage Patties, 1 patty per sandwich|
|Eggs, 2 eggs per sandwich|
|Canola Oil, for frying|
|Powdered Sugar, for dusting|
|Maple Syrup, for dipping|
|4 Egg Yolks|
|2 Cups Cold Water|
|2 Cups Flour|
|2 Tsp Baking Soda|
- Start by making the pancakes according to package instructions. You want the pancakes to be slightly smaller than the size of your palm. You should only need one batch of pancakes, depending on how many sandwiches you want to make; 2 pancakes per sandwich. Place the pancakes in the fridge to cool when done. This will prevent crumbling when skewering.
- Heat the sausage according to package instructions. This will ensure its heated through even though you are deep frying it.
- Cook the eggs. Depending on how many sandwiches you want to make will determine how many eggs you need, 2 per sandwich. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk. Pour into a heated pan and let cook over low heat. You don’t need to stir, let the eggs cook in one large piece. Once cooked through, flip the eggs in half (similar to making an omelet). Remove from the heat. Slice the egg into squares for each sandwich.
- Prepare the batter. Whisk the egg yolks, water, flour, and baking soda in a large bowl until smooth.
- Create an assembly line to skewer the sandwiches. Slide one pancake on the skewer, followed by one piece of sausage, then one piece of egg, then 2 canadian bacon slices, and end with one more pancake.
- Continue to assemble the sandwiches until you have as many as you need.
- Add oil to a deep fryer or dutch oven. You want enough oil that at least ½ of the sandwich is submerged. Heat to 350 degrees F.
- Once the oil is hot, take one skewer and dip it in the batter. You may need to use a spoon to help fully coat the sandwich.
- Carefully place the skewer in the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the sandwich to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat the process until all sandwiches are made.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup on the side. Enjoy!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.