For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni
Rate this Recipe
|16 oz Rigatoni Pasta
|1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
|4 Shallots, minced
|3 Tbsp Butter
|1 1/4 Cups Half & Half or Heavy Cream
|5 oz Cream Cheese, softened and cubed
|3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, plus more for topping
|16 oz Jar Roasted Red Peppers in Water, drained
|Fresh Basil, chopped, for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Then, add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the half & half and stir to combine. Add the parmesan cheese and cubed cream cheese. Stir to combine. Continue to stir for about 2-3 minutes, or until the cream cheese melts.
- Add the roasted red peppers and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the peppers have warmed through.
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor. Puree until creamy. It’s OK if there are very small pieces of red pepper in the sauce, it will add nice texture.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm with fresh basil and extra parmesan cheese on top, optional. Enjoy!
|Dinner, Lunch, Meatless, Sauce
©2024 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.