For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beyond Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers (Vegan)
Rate this Recipe
|1 1/2 Cups White Rice, cooked|
|1 lb Beyond Beef|
|15 oz Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained|
|Yellow Onion, chopped|
|4 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|1 Heaping Tbsp Italian Seasoning|
|2 Tsp Salt|
|4-6 Bell Peppers, any color|
|4 oz Shredded Vegan Mozzarella Cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Set aside an 8x8 baking dish if using 4 bell peppers or a 9x13 baking dish if using 6 bell peppers.
- Use a knife to slice off the tops of the bell peppers. Remove the seeds and set the bell peppers aside. If the bell peppers do not stand on their own and tip over, carefully cut off a very small part of the bottom. Make sure to not cut too deep as you don’t want large holes in the bottom of each pepper.
- Dice the tops of the bell peppers and set aside.
- Cook 1 ½ cups of rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for one more minute.
- Add the Beyond Beef and use a spatula to break apart until it resembles a ground meat consistency. Cook and stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes. Add the salt and diced bell pepper. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 3-4 minute or until the Beyond Beef is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cooked white rice. Add the diced tomatoes (drain the liquid from the can first) and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers. Press down gently to make sure they are completely full. You will have enough filling for 4-6 bell peppers, depending on the size of the peppers and how full you stuff them. Arrange the peppers in the baking dish, making sure they do not tip over.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each pepper.
- Pour ½ - 1 cup of water in the bottom of the baking dish. Make sure to not splash the liquid inside of the peppers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. The peppers should be tender, and the filling will be hot and heated through.
©2023 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.