For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
St Patricks Day Marshmallow Treats
Rate this Recipe
|1 Stick Unsalted Butter|
|16 oz Miniature Marshmallows|
|5-6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|Green Food Coloring|
|Lucky Charms Marshmallows, from one standard size box Lucky Charms cereal|
- Open the box of Lucky Charms cereal and separate the marshmallows from the cereal. Set the marshmallows aside. Either discard the cereal portion or save to enjoy later.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until fully melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add food coloring and stir to combine. Add as much or as little food coloring to reach the desired green color, less drops for a lighter color and more drops for a darker color.
- Turn off the heat. Add the Rice Krispie cereal and stir to fully coat.
- Add the Lucky Charms marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Lightly spray your fingers with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and press the mixture into an even layer in the pan.
- Set aside to cool and set. Once set, use a knife to slice into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container on the counter.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.