For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Rate this Recipe
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Small Yellow Onion, minced|
|1 Tbsp Garlic, minced|
|4 Cups Chicken Stock|
|2 Tsp Chili Powder|
|2 Tsp Cumin|
|1 1/2 Tsp Paprika|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper|
|15 oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|15 oz Can Corn, drained|
|10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, undrained|
|1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts|
|Juice from 1 lime, plus lime wedges for garnish|
|Cilantro, chopped, for topping|
|Shredded Cheese, for topping|
|Tortilla Chips or Tortilla Strips, for topping|
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting and add the olive oil to the bowl. Once hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Turn the Instant pot off.
- Add the chicken stock and stir to combine. Scrape any bits off that bottom that might have stuck while sauteing.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the black beans, corn, and can of dice tomatoes (including the liquid). Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and push down to submerge.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to the sealed position. Cook on HIGH pressure for 9 minutes. Quick release the steam once done.
- Take off the lid and remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred the chicken, then return to the Instant Pot.
- Add the lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm. Top with shredded cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips/strips. Enjoy!
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.