For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves Yield: Serves 4
|4 chicken breasts, cut in half, to make 8 thin cutlets|
|2 tablespoons Olive oil|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|2 large shallots, finely chopped|
|1 lb Mushrooms of your choice (Baby Bellas, White Button, and Shitake work well)|
|2 tablespoons beef base|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|1/4 cup Sherry wine|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped|
|Chopped chives, for garnish|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Pat chicken breast cutlets dry with paper towels. Rub them evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat large skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets in two batches on each side for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Using the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallots and sauté, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned. Add beef base and Marsala and sherry wines and bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the base. Reduce heat to low and add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken cutlets back to the skillet and warm through.
- Serve each person two chicken cutlets with Marsala sauce spooned over the top and Garnish with chopped chives.
- Delicious served over mashed potatoes, pasta, Rice, or zoodles or cauliflower Rice for a Low-carb option.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.