For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
|2 teaspoons liquid smoke|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 slices French bread|
|1 cup torn arugula, for garnish|
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc freezer bag and pound thin with meat mallet.
- Mix together lime juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, chipotle chili powder, liquid smoke, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the marinade to the freezer bag with chicken and place in refrigerator for approximately 6 hours.
- Heat up the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the warm grill. Discard remaining marinade in the bag.
- While chicken is cooking,toast French bread. Also, mix together the Quick Chipotle Crema for topping.
- Cook chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and let stand for a few minutes. Slice the chicken in thin slices.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin layer of the topping you choose. Then place a layer of the arugula on the bottom half of the sandwich. Then top with sliced chicken breast.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|1 cup plain greek yogurt|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.