For the Love of Cooking
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
My Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
Fish or Shrimp Tacos with Guacamole
Add to My Recipes +
Print this Recipe
Full Screen View
|4 pieces fresh skinned Halibut, Cod, Walleye or Tilapia fillets, 6 to 8 oz. each or 1 lb. Shrimp |
| Olive oil |
|8 flour tortillas, (6-inch) |
| Salt, to taste |
| Pepper, to taste |
| Fresh lime |
| Chunky Guacamole, (see recipe below) |
| Sour cream |
| Salsa |
| Flour Mixture, (see recipe below) |
- Season fish or shrimp with salt and pepper, dredge in flour mixture.
- Grill (or sauté) fish or shrimp 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until opaque. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime down over the fish or shrimp and remove from the pan. Flake fish into large chunks with a fork.
- When fish or shrimp comes off the grill or pan, blister and heat flour tortillas.
- To assemble, pile some of the fish or shrimp into tortillas and generously top with guacamole. Top with sour cream, salsa, and other toppings of choice, fold tacos over and eat.
|1 teaspoon cumin |
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder |
|1 teaspoon chili powder |
|2 tablespoons flour |
- Mix together in bowl.
|3 small to medium ripe avocados, pitted and scooped from skins with a large spoon, chopped |
|1 tablespoon lemon juice |
| Coarse salt, to taste |
|1 bunch scallions, chopped, including greens |
|1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine |
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced fine |
- *Our Chunky Guac is now made fresh and available in Fresh Produce or you can whip up a batch at home with the following recipe:
- Toss all ingredients above with fork so it remains chunky.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co.
All rights reserved.