For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Halibut with Leeks and Spinach
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. Halibut fillets, skin removed|
|2 tablespoons Olive Oil|
|Flour, for dusting|
|3 tablespoons clarified Butter|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Cut Halibut into similar sized pieces for portion and even cooking. Season the Halibut on both sides with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and then lightly dust with flour.
- Heat the butter and oil on medium high heat. When your pan is hot, place the halibut in the pan and sear each side about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Place fillets on a baking sheet and place in 325 degrees F oven until internal temp reaches 140 degrees F.
|2 tablespoons unsalted Butter|
|1 lb Fresh Spinach|
|2 medium Leeks, (white and light-green parts only), chopped fine|
|2 cloves large Garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup dry White Wine|
|1/2 cup Heavy Cream|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse Salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese|
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat and add 2 tsp. butter. Add spinach in two batches, and cook, tossing, until just wilted. Transfer wilted spinach to a colander, to release excess liquid. Discard any remaining liquid in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter and leeks. Cook until softened but not browned, approximately 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Increase heat to medium high, add wine, and cook until wine is almost evaporated or reduced. Add cream and simmer until just slightly thickened, about 2 minutes, stir regularly. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan, and gently fold in spinach, keep warm until Halibut is ready to serve.
- Divide leek and spinach mixture among serving plates and top with pieces of halibut.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.