For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian Mac and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
|12 oz dry elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions for al dente, drained|
|1 pound Our Own bulk hot or mild Italian Sausage|
|3 cloves minced fresh garlic|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|2 cups shredded cheese - Italian Blend (at least 4 cheeses)|
|1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 4-quart casserole; set aside. Brown Italian sausage and garlic in large skillet until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain excess oil from pan. Add butter and stir in flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring well until thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cooked macaroni, 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared casserole and sprinkle top evenly with shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Serve hot.
- *This recipe courtesy of Festival Foods Hugo Chef’s Department employee, Jake.
- **Chef’s note: You may use half and half or evaporated milk as a healthier substitute for the heavy cream.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.