For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Juicy Lucy Burger
Rate this Recipe
|4 slices Tillamook Cheddar or American Cheese|
|1 1/2 lb. ground chuck, (15 to 20 % fat content), chilled|
|1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill|
|4 hamburger buns, split and toasted|
|Sliced pickles, for serving|
- Cut each slice of cheese in half, then in half again to form 4 squares. Stack the pieces on top of each other to form 4 stacks; set aside.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire, and pepper. Mix with your hands until just evenly combined.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions and place on a work surface. Using your fingertips, press 2 portions of the meat into 2 rough 1/4-inch-thick patties that are each about 1 inch wider in diameter than the hamburger buns. Place 1 stack of cheese in the center of 1 of the patties. Top with the second patty and pinch the edges to form a tight seal. Cup each patty with your hands to round out the edges, and press on the top to flatten slightly into a single thick patty. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining portions of meat and cheese to form 4 patties in total. Refrigerate while you prepare the grill.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high (about 375 degrees F to 425 degrees F). When the grill is ready, use tongs to rub the grate with several layers of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil.
- Place the reserved patties on the grill, close the grill, and cook undisturbed (do not press down on the patties) until dark grill marks appear on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the patties, close the grill again, and cook until grill marks appear on the second side and the patties are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove to a clean plate and let rest in a warm place or tent loosely with foil for 5 minutes.
- Place a patty on each bun bottom, top with pickles, and cover with a bun top. Serve immediately.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.