For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Pot Pie
Rate this Recipe
|Ready-made pie crusts to cover a 13 x 9 inch pan|
|2 1/2 cups baby carrots, halved|
|3 celery ribs, sliced|
|8 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper|
|2 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream|
|4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed|
|1 cup frozen pearl onions|
|1 cup frozen peas|
|4 tablespoon chives, minced|
|3 tablespoon parsley, minced|
|1 teaspoon thyme, minced|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots and celery in ½ cup of chicken broth until crisp –tender, drain and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter until hot but not brown, whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth and gradually whisk in broth and then heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down heat and continue to cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the carrots and celery, chicken, onions, peas, chives, parsley and thyme. Heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish (preferably non-stick).
- Follow pie crust preparation instructions on the ready-made package then place dough over filling and trim and flute the edges.
- Brush lightly with egg. Bake at 400° for 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8 - 10
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.