For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
|2 teaspoons liquid smoke|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 slices French bread|
|1 cup torn arugula, for garnish|
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc freezer bag and pound thin with meat mallet.
- Mix together lime juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, chipotle chili powder, liquid smoke, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the marinade to the freezer bag with chicken and place in refrigerator for approximately 6 hours.
- Heat up the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the warm grill. Discard remaining marinade in the bag.
- While chicken is cooking,toast French bread. Also, mix together the Quick Chipotle Crema for topping.
- Cook chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and let stand for a few minutes. Slice the chicken in thin slices.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin layer of the topping you choose. Then place a layer of the arugula on the bottom half of the sandwich. Then top with sliced chicken breast.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|1 cup plain greek yogurt|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.