For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
|2 teaspoons liquid smoke|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 slices French bread|
|1 cup torn arugula, for garnish|
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc freezer bag and pound thin with meat mallet.
- Mix together lime juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, chipotle chili powder, liquid smoke, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the marinade to the freezer bag with chicken and place in refrigerator for approximately 6 hours.
- Heat up the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the warm grill. Discard remaining marinade in the bag.
- While chicken is cooking,toast French bread. Also, mix together the Quick Chipotle Crema for topping.
- Cook chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and let stand for a few minutes. Slice the chicken in thin slices.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin layer of the topping you choose. Then place a layer of the arugula on the bottom half of the sandwich. Then top with sliced chicken breast.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|1 cup plain greek yogurt|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.