For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
|2 lb. chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
|2 teaspoons liquid smoke|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 slices French bread|
|1 cup torn arugula, for garnish|
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc freezer bag and pound thin with meat mallet.
- Mix together lime juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, chipotle chili powder, liquid smoke, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the marinade to the freezer bag with chicken and place in refrigerator for approximately 6 hours.
- Heat up the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the warm grill. Discard remaining marinade in the bag.
- While chicken is cooking,toast French bread. Also, mix together the Quick Chipotle Crema for topping.
- Cook chicken until it reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and let stand for a few minutes. Slice the chicken in thin slices.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin layer of the topping you choose. Then place a layer of the arugula on the bottom half of the sandwich. Then top with sliced chicken breast.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|1 cup plain greek yogurt|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.