For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Zucchini Parmesan Pasta
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Rigatoni Noodles|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|2 Medium Green Zucchini Squash, chopped|
|1 Medium Yellow Zucchini Squash, chopped|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|2 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1 Package Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped|
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Before draining, reserve ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, squash, garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are caramelized and golden brown.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and mash with a potato masher until the veggies become a chunky sauce.
- Put back into the large skillet. Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the butter and parmesan cheese, stir until melted.
- Add the pasta noodles and stir to combine. Add more of the reserved pasta water if needed, to create a thinner sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in about 90% of the basil.
- Plate the pasta and top with more fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.