For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Zucchini Parmesan Pasta
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Rigatoni Noodles|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|2 Medium Green Zucchini Squash, chopped|
|1 Medium Yellow Zucchini Squash, chopped|
|3 Cloves Garlic, minced|
|1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|2 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1 Package Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped|
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Before draining, reserve ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, squash, garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are caramelized and golden brown.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and mash with a potato masher until the veggies become a chunky sauce.
- Put back into the large skillet. Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the butter and parmesan cheese, stir until melted.
- Add the pasta noodles and stir to combine. Add more of the reserved pasta water if needed, to create a thinner sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in about 90% of the basil.
- Plate the pasta and top with more fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.