For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Butternut Squash Bisque
Rate this Recipe
|1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1/2 Cup White Onion, chopped|
|1 Cup Carrots, chopped|
|4 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped|
|3 Cups Vegetable Stock|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|Ground Nutmeg, to taste|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Pumpkin Seeds, toasted, for topping|
- Peel and cube the squash, chop the carrots, and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the carrots and squash, stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth and all chunks are gone.
- Add back to the skillet or pot and heat on low. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- In a separate pan, heat the pumpkin seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream, pumpkin seeds, and nutmeg.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.