For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Butternut Squash Bisque
Rate this Recipe
|1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1/2 Cup White Onion, chopped|
|1 Cup Carrots, chopped|
|4 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped|
|3 Cups Vegetable Stock|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|Ground Nutmeg, to taste|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Pumpkin Seeds, toasted, for topping|
- Peel and cube the squash, chop the carrots, and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the carrots and squash, stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth and all chunks are gone.
- Add back to the skillet or pot and heat on low. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- In a separate pan, heat the pumpkin seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream, pumpkin seeds, and nutmeg.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.