For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Butternut Squash Bisque
Rate this Recipe
|1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1/2 Cup White Onion, chopped|
|1 Cup Carrots, chopped|
|4 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped|
|3 Cups Vegetable Stock|
|1/2 Cup Heavy Cream|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|Ground Nutmeg, to taste|
|Sour Cream, for topping|
|Pumpkin Seeds, toasted, for topping|
- Peel and cube the squash, chop the carrots, and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the carrots and squash, stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth and all chunks are gone.
- Add back to the skillet or pot and heat on low. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- In a separate pan, heat the pumpkin seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream, pumpkin seeds, and nutmeg.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.