For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Dry Rub Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|14 lb Turkey, thawed, rinsed, and dried|
|6 Tbsp Butter, cut into 1 Tbsp pieces|
|2 Yellow Onions, cut in half|
|5 Garlic Cloves, peeled and kept whole|
|2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tsp Dried Thyme|
|1 Tsp Dried Sage|
|1/2 Tsp Paprika|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Dried Mustard|
- Rinse and completely dry the turkey, including inside the cavity. Make sure to remove the neck and additional bag from inside the turkey and discard. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, thyme, sage, paprika, pepper, and mustard. Set aside.
- Slide your hand between the skin and meat to separate. Insert the butter pieces, a few on each side.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the entire turkey and rub into the skin.
- Put the onions and garlic inside the cavity.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 2 – 2 ½ hours. Remove the foil and bake for an additional hour at 350 or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature is 15 degrees.
- Let the turkey rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.