For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Dry Rub Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|14 lb Turkey, thawed, rinsed, and dried|
|6 Tbsp Butter, cut into 1 Tbsp pieces|
|2 Yellow Onions, cut in half|
|5 Garlic Cloves, peeled and kept whole|
|2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tsp Dried Thyme|
|1 Tsp Dried Sage|
|1/2 Tsp Paprika|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Dried Mustard|
- Rinse and completely dry the turkey, including inside the cavity. Make sure to remove the neck and additional bag from inside the turkey and discard. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, thyme, sage, paprika, pepper, and mustard. Set aside.
- Slide your hand between the skin and meat to separate. Insert the butter pieces, a few on each side.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the entire turkey and rub into the skin.
- Put the onions and garlic inside the cavity.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 2 – 2 ½ hours. Remove the foil and bake for an additional hour at 350 or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature is 15 degrees.
- Let the turkey rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.