For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Dry Rub Turkey
Rate this Recipe
|14 lb Turkey, thawed, rinsed, and dried|
|6 Tbsp Butter, cut into 1 Tbsp pieces|
|2 Yellow Onions, cut in half|
|5 Garlic Cloves, peeled and kept whole|
|2 Tsp Salt|
|2 Tsp Dried Thyme|
|1 Tsp Dried Sage|
|1/2 Tsp Paprika|
|1/2 Tsp Pepper|
|1/2 Tsp Dried Mustard|
- Rinse and completely dry the turkey, including inside the cavity. Make sure to remove the neck and additional bag from inside the turkey and discard. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, thyme, sage, paprika, pepper, and mustard. Set aside.
- Slide your hand between the skin and meat to separate. Insert the butter pieces, a few on each side.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the entire turkey and rub into the skin.
- Put the onions and garlic inside the cavity.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 2 – 2 ½ hours. Remove the foil and bake for an additional hour at 350 or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature is 15 degrees.
- Let the turkey rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.