For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
|6 Large Yukon Potatoes, thinly sliced|
|3 Tbsp Butter|
|1/2 Cup White Onion, diced|
|4 Garlic Cloves, minced|
|2 Tbsp Flour|
|1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock|
|1 Cup Milk|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1/2 Tsp White Pepper|
|1/4 Tsp Black Pepper|
|2 Tsp Thyme|
|1 1/2 Cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded|
|1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and set aside.
- Chop the onion and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour. Whisk in the vegetable stock, then whisk in the milk. Add the salt, white pepper, black pepper, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Layer ½ the potatoes in the bottom of a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish. Pour half the mixture over the top. Add ¾ Cup of the Gruyere cheese and ½ Cup Parmesan cheese on top. Then layer the other ½ of the potatoes on top. Pour the other half of the mixture over the top, then top with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown on top.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional thyme and serve warm.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.