For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Strawberries, rinsed, dried, hulled, and sliced|
|2 Tbsp Honey|
|1/2 Cups Sugar|
|1 Tsp Lemon Juice|
|1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream|
|1/2 Cup Half & Half|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
- Make sure the ice cream bowl is in the freezer for at least 15 hours.
- In a large bowl, mix strawberries, honey, sugar, and lemon juice. Let sit for 20 minutes, or until the strawberries have released their juices.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and blender. Don’t puree but blend well enough to remove most of the chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whipping cream, half and half, and vanilla extract. Add to the strawberry mixture and stir until combined.
- Place the ice cream bowl on the stand mixer, lock in place, add the ice cream paddle, and start the mixture on “stir”.
- Pour the mixture in the ice cream bowl. Let the mixture stir for 25 minutes. Once done, use a rubber scraper to remove the ice cream.
- Eat immediately as soft serve or place in a shallow airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 hours to thicken.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.