For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Kentucky Hot Brown Turkey Burger
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb Ground Turkey|
|McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper & Garlic|
|8 Slices Bacon, cooked|
|1 Tomato, sliced|
|4 Brioche Buns|
|Green Onions, sliced, for garnish|
|1/4 Cup Bourbon|
|1 Tbsp Maple Syrup|
|1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard|
|1 Tbsp Brown Sugar|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Tbsp Flour|
|1 Cup Heavy Cream|
|1 Heaping Cup White Cheddar Cheese, shredded|
|3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, shredded|
|1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg|
|1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder|
|1/4 Tsp Black Pepper|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
- Cook the bacon according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Combine the bourbon, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Form the ground turkey into 4 patties. Season both sides with the McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper & Garlic.
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Generously spray with cooking spray. Add the burgers and cook for about 6-7 minutes on one side, then flip.
- Once you flip the burgers, brush the bourbon mixture generously over the top of each burger. Let each burger cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Flip the burgers back on last time, brush the bourbon mixture generously over the top of each burger and let cook for another 1-2 minutes to allow the burger to absorb the glaze.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk together.
- Add the heavy cream and whisk together. Bring to a boil and continue to whisk while cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Stir to melt the cheese and combine.
- Add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and stir to combine.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on top of the burger bun. Add 1-2 slices of tomato, followed by 2 slices of bacon (break in half first). Add a heaping spoonful of the cheese sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onion. Add the top part of the bun, slice, and enjoy!
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.