For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Juicy Lucy Burger
Rate this Recipe
|4 slices Tillamook Cheddar or American Cheese|
|1 1/2 lb. ground chuck, (15 to 20 % fat content), chilled|
|1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill|
|4 hamburger buns, split and toasted|
|Sliced pickles, for serving|
- Cut each slice of cheese in half, then in half again to form 4 squares. Stack the pieces on top of each other to form 4 stacks; set aside.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire, and pepper. Mix with your hands until just evenly combined.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions and place on a work surface. Using your fingertips, press 2 portions of the meat into 2 rough 1/4-inch-thick patties that are each about 1 inch wider in diameter than the hamburger buns. Place 1 stack of cheese in the center of 1 of the patties. Top with the second patty and pinch the edges to form a tight seal. Cup each patty with your hands to round out the edges, and press on the top to flatten slightly into a single thick patty. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining portions of meat and cheese to form 4 patties in total. Refrigerate while you prepare the grill.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high (about 375 degrees F to 425 degrees F). When the grill is ready, use tongs to rub the grate with several layers of paper towels dipped in vegetable oil.
- Place the reserved patties on the grill, close the grill, and cook undisturbed (do not press down on the patties) until dark grill marks appear on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the patties, close the grill again, and cook until grill marks appear on the second side and the patties are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove to a clean plate and let rest in a warm place or tent loosely with foil for 5 minutes.
- Place a patty on each bun bottom, top with pickles, and cover with a bun top. Serve immediately.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.