For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 3 cups
|1 lb. Our Own Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large yellow onion, chopped|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes|
|1/2 cup bourbon whiskey|
|1/2 cup brewed coffee|
|1/4 cup Red Wine vinegar|
|1/3 cup pure maple syrup|
|1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce|
- Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is lightly browned; drain grease, retaining 1/4 of the drippings.
- Stir onions into bacon and drippings; cook and stir until soft and somewhat translucent. Stir in brown sugar; cook until onions are sticky and browned, about 5 more minutes. Mix in garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the bacon jam is thickened not runny, stir occasionally to prevent burning, about 20 minutes. Mix in Sriracha sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, put in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky, spreadable consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.