For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoky Chipotle Chili
Rate this Recipe
|8 slices raw smoked bacon, diced|
|1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped|
|1 large bell pepper (any color), finely chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 ribs celery, finely chopped|
|1 package frozen Mexican chorizo sausage, thawed|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|3 tablespoons chipotles in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped, or to taste|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika|
|1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|4 cups beef broth|
|2 cans chili ready tomatoes|
|1 can tomato paste|
|1 can beer or non alcoholic beer|
|2 cans black beans|
|1 can corn|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|Chipotle Tabasco sauce, to taste|
|Shredded cheese, creamy chipotle sauce, sliced green onions, and tortilla chips, for topping|
|1 can cream style corn|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat a large stockpot or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan and sauté until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Add all chopped veggies to bacon drippings in pan and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and ground beef to veggies in pan, breaking up meat with spoon. Brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients including reserved cooked bacon and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 1 hour*.
- Serve chili hot in bowls topped with your favorite toppings.
- *Chef’s note: You may make in slow cooker as well. Heat 4 to 6 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours low.
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >
©2020 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.