For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoky Chipotle Chili
Rate this Recipe
|8 slices raw smoked bacon, diced|
|1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped|
|1 large bell pepper (any color), finely chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 ribs celery, finely chopped|
|1 package frozen Mexican chorizo sausage, thawed|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|3 tablespoons chipotles in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped, or to taste|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika|
|1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|4 cups beef broth|
|2 cans chili ready tomatoes|
|1 can tomato paste|
|1 can beer or non alcoholic beer|
|2 cans black beans|
|1 can corn|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|Chipotle Tabasco sauce, to taste|
|Shredded cheese, creamy chipotle sauce, sliced green onions, and tortilla chips, for topping|
|1 can cream style corn|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat a large stockpot or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan and sauté until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Add all chopped veggies to bacon drippings in pan and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and ground beef to veggies in pan, breaking up meat with spoon. Brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients including reserved cooked bacon and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 1 hour*.
- Serve chili hot in bowls topped with your favorite toppings.
- *Chef’s note: You may make in slow cooker as well. Heat 4 to 6 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours low.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.