For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoky Chipotle Chili
Rate this Recipe
|8 slices raw smoked bacon, diced|
|1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped|
|1 large bell pepper (any color), finely chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 ribs celery, finely chopped|
|1 package frozen Mexican chorizo sausage, thawed|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|3 tablespoons chipotles in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped, or to taste|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika|
|1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|4 cups beef broth|
|2 cans chili ready tomatoes|
|1 can tomato paste|
|1 can beer or non alcoholic beer|
|2 cans black beans|
|1 can corn|
|Garlic salt, to taste|
|Chipotle Tabasco sauce, to taste|
|Shredded cheese, creamy chipotle sauce, sliced green onions, and tortilla chips, for topping|
|1 can cream style corn|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat a large stockpot or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan and sauté until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Add all chopped veggies to bacon drippings in pan and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and ground beef to veggies in pan, breaking up meat with spoon. Brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients including reserved cooked bacon and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 1 hour*.
- Serve chili hot in bowls topped with your favorite toppings.
- *Chef’s note: You may make in slow cooker as well. Heat 4 to 6 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours low.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
©2019 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.