For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tickler Bacon Burger
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb ground Beef 85% lean|
|4 slices Festival Foods Smokehouse Bacon|
|4 Hamburger buns|
|1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour|
|1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt|
|2 cups Whole Milk|
|7 oz Tickler English Cheddar Cheese, (in the Deli) or similar, shredded|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- The Cheese Sauce can be made the day before, chilled and then reheated and served. In a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low, add the flour and sea salt, and whisk until both are incorporated and the mixture turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat to moderate and add the milk, whisking constantly, until a smooth sauce forms (the sauce should be thick and glossy, but still runny), about 5 minutes. (If the sauce is too thick, gradually whisk in additional milk until the desired consistency is achieved.) Add the shredded cheese and whisk until melted, about 1 minute.
- Cook bacon until slightly crisp and dry on paper towels.
- Preheat grill to medium-high temperature. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and form four patties. Grill the burgers, turning once, cooking to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Butter and toast the hamburger buns.
- Assemble the cooked burger on the toasted hamburger bun and top with bacon. Add warm cheese sauce. Top and serve!
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.