For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Enchilada Orzo
Rate this Recipe
|1 Cup Orzo, uncooked|
|1/2 Block Cream Cheese, cubed|
|1 Cup Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|2 Cups Vegetable Stock|
|1 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce|
|1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1/2 Cup Whole Kernel Corn, frozen or canned|
|1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced|
|1/2 Green Bell Pepper, diced|
|4 oz Can Chopped Green Chilies, drained|
|1/2 Tsp Salt, plus more to taste|
|1/2 Tsp Black Pepper, plus more to taste|
- Start by chopping the bell peppers, draining the black beans and green chilies, and cubing the cream cheese. Set all ingredients aside.
- Add the bell peppers and corn to a large skillet (if using frozen corn, it does not need to be thawed but if using canned corn, drain first). Heat over medium-high heat and cook until softened.
- Add the vegetable stock and orzo. Stir to combine and cover. Maintain medium-high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the orzo is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the cover and reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, enchilada sauce, black beans, and green chilies. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Continue to heat over low for 5-7 minutes (uncovered).
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
©2022 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.