For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Rate this Recipe
|2 Cups Flour (plus additional 2 Tablespoons)|
|1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger|
|1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg|
|1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves|
|1 Teaspoon Baking Soda|
|1/2 Teaspoon Salt|
|3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled slightly|
|1 Cup Light Brown Sugar|
|1/4 Cup Unsulphured Molasses|
|1 Large Egg|
|2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 Cup Butter, at room temperature|
|1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, room temperature|
|2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar|
|1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread to the edges, this is easiest to do with your hands.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the frosting; in the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles and cut into squares to serve.
©2021 Knowlan's Super Markets Inc. Website By: DW Green Co. All rights reserved.